Workflow Action Emails are configured in two separate Action tabs; Email Setup where recipients and reply to options are set and the Email Details Tab where the Subject, Contents and Attachments are defined
The Email Setup tab
The layout is designed to be recognisable to email users
- Who – This would be the equivalent of ‘To’ on an email. Who is the person, or people, we are directly emailing?
- CC Who – This will populate the CC list. These people generally need to be kept in the loop, but the email isn’t directed at them.
- BCC Who – This will populate the BCC list. These people generally need to be kept in the loop, but the email isn’t directed at them. Their email will be hidden from other recipients.
- Reply To – Should a recipient reply to the email, who should it go to?
Email Recipient Options
Each of the boxes in the email Setup Tab carries a dropdown option list. the options available may vary between modules. Email Actions relating to the Recruitment module will offer drop down options relating to Vacancies and Candidates.
The Standard Email Setup options are:
- Activity Manager – The person who has been specified as the manager for a specific role in the system. For example, if this request/change came into the system from a Biology Lecturer, and the Manager was the Head of Science, then the Head of Science would be the Activity Manager.
- All line managers – All employee’s set as a line manager within the system.
- All Relevant HR Users – All Windows application users who have access to the employee’s HR details and the relevant function involved.
- Authorisers – All Window application users with an access level of ‘Authorisers’.
- Employee – The employee involved in this change/request.
- Employee Group – All – A pre-defined list of employees. This will not be restricted by any Data Item Access.
- Employee Group – Access Permitting – As above but will only include the employees that have access to the data involved in the change/request.
- Line Manager – The line manager of the employee who has submitted the change/request.
- Line Manager’s Line Manager – As the description, it’s the line manager of this employee’s line manager.
- Query – All – A pre-defined query list of people. This includes them all.
- Query – Access Permitting – As above but will only include the employees that have access to the data involved in the change/request.
- Specify – This allows you to enter a custom email address in the ‘List’ box.
- User – A specific Windows application user.
- User Group – All – A pre-defined group of users. This will be sent to them all.
- User Group – Access Permitting – As above but will only include the users that have access to the data involved in the change/request.
The Specify option is used in conjunction with the List in order to define the email address(es) and therefore will always be the same when this action is run. The list box can be used to setup just one or a number of recipients, multiple recipient addresses should be separated using semicolons