Use this report to list all employees added to the HR database between the dates provided. This is an added manual control above the automatic exception reports, so you can verify that the appropriate data elements required by the payroll system have been created for new employees.
If a start date is provided, all employees joining on or after that date are included. If an end date is included, all employees joining on or before the provided date are included in the report. If both dates are provided, both checks are employed. A blank start date and a blank end date should result in all employees being included in the report.
This report is typically used to allow payroll departments to cross-check the payroll-specific details of records created by a Personnel department. Each entry included in the report includes the employee name, user name, and the date and time when the record was entered in the system.
To produce the report:
- In Payroll Template on the Payroll Report Selection Wizard (200) window, select the template from the drop-down list, and click Next.
- On page 2, in From (Start Date), type or select the start date for the report, and click Next.
- On page 3, in To (End Date), type or select the end date for the report, and click Run. The Report Confirmation (44) window is displayed.
- In Report Output, click one of the following:
- Grid View, to display the report data in the grid. The Report Data Preview window is displayed. You can arrange the data in the grid by moving columns, and sorting and grouping data.
- Report View, to o display the data in a report. Default Format is the only option. You can set the report location, the folder in which the report templates are kept. You can use this as the central location for all reports.
- Export to File, to save the data in a file.
- Under Report Headings, in Report Title, you can change the default report title by typing a different title. In Header Line 1 – 3, you can change the header line text or accept the defaults.
- Under Printer Options, click Portrait for a vertical orientation for the report, or cick Landscape for a horizontal orientation.
- Click OK to generate the report. If you select a report view in step 2, the report is displayed, and the report title, date, time, and page number is shown in the footer of the report. User and Company details are also shown in the report.