This is a once a pay period transmission of details of the amounts that are to be claimed from HMRC i.e SMP, SSP. At the end of the year this return will also include the details previously on the year end P35.
To create an EPS:
- Click Payroll > Functions > RTI Submission EPS. The RTI Submission FPS wizard is displayed.
- On page 1, select the Payroll Template from the drop down list.
- On page 2, type the Payroll Period this submission should include.
- On page 3, type the Payment Date that the payments were made.
- On page 4, select any additional Templates you wish to include in this submission.
- On page 5, select Include IR Mark in submission.
- Click Run.
The EPS file will be created in the folder specified by Filename on the Transfer Template for EPS submissions.
To send the EPS to HMRC:
- When the EPS has been created, you must send it to the Government Gateway. Click Payroll > Functions > Government Gateway Transfers. The Gateway Transfer wizard is displayed.
- On page 1, select the same primary template used to create the EPS.
- On page 2, select the EPS transfer template from the drop down list, such as RTI EPS XML.
- On page 3, deselect the Insert IRMark into submission option.
- Click Run.