Use this report to show the total gross pay for each cost centre (payroll category), and any deductions – tax, NIC, and attachments, pensions, and so on for the specific pay period for the selected template. Alternatively, you can produce a report for a single employee or cost centre.
To produce the report:
- In Payroll Template on the Payroll Report Selection Wizard (200) window, select the template from the drop-down list, and click Next.
- On page 2, if you want to produce a report for a single cost centre, select the cost centre (payroll category), and click Next. To produce a report for the cost centre associated with the selected template, leave the field blank.
- On page 3, if you want to produce a report for a single employee, select the employee reference. To produce a report for the selected template, leave the field blank. Click Next.
- On page 4, type the pay period. The current pay period is displayed by default. If you want to produce an historical report, specify the previous pay period, and click Run. The Report Confirmation (50) window is displayed.
- In Report Output, click one of the following:
- Grid View, to display the report data in the grid. The Report Data Preview window is displayed. You can arrange the data in the grid by moving columns, and sorting and grouping data.
- Report View, to display the data in a report. Default Format is the only option. You can set the report location, the folder in which the report templates are kept. You can use this as the central location for all reports.
- Export to File, to save the data in a file.
- Under Report Headings, in Report Title, you can change the default report title by typing a different title. In Header Line 1 – 3, you can change the header line text or accept the defaults.
- Under Printer Options, click Portrait for a vertical orientation for the report, or cick Landscape for a horizontal orientation.
- Click OK to generate the report. If you select a report view in step 5, the report is displayed, and the report title, date, time, and page number is shown in the footer of the report. User and Company details are also shown in the report.