Changing Salary Grades for Multiple Employees
If you have introduced a new salary pay scale and need to move a large number of employees from their current grade to a new grade, rather than amend each individual employee’s Employment History record, you can use
Personnel > Salary Functions > Salary Grades Changes
- New Grade has Same Scale Points as Old
If the new scale has the same scale points as the old one you will need to create a simple spreadsheet with two columns showing:
Current Grade and New Grade
In this case, the employees’ scale points will remain unchanged only their grade will be mapped to the new one.
- New Grade has Different Scale Points from Old
If the new scale has different scale points from the old one you will need to create a spreadsheet with four columns showing the mapping:
Current Grade, Current Scale Point, New Grade, New Scale Point
- Save as a CSV format file (not excel format)
- Select Personnel > Salary Functions > Salary Grades Changes
- Select Grades Only or Grades and Scales Points. Click Next.
- Use the [ … ] button and browse to select your csv file. Click Finish
All employee records where employment history records currently has the old grade (and scale point) will be mapped to the new grade (and scale point).
Example A Employee on SPH18, 03 => SPH19, 03
Example B Employee on SPH18, 03 => SPH19, 05
- After mapping, you can reapply the salaries using
Personnel > Salary Functions > Apply Grade Changes