Use this report to produce a summary of the calculated payroll values for the employees associated with the selected template.
Each employee entry includes the taxable gross pay, and statutory deductions, such as NI and tax, and pension contributions. Employer contributions are included when appropriate. These elements are broken down into two sections that reflect this period’s value and the values for the current payroll year, including this period.
To produce the report:
- In Payroll Template on the Payroll Report Selection Wizard (200) window, select the template from the drop-down list, and click Run. The Report Confirmation (25) window is displayed.
- In Report Output, click one of the following:
- Grid View, to display the report data in the grid. The Report Data Preview window is displayed. You can arrange the data in the grid by moving columns, and sorting and grouping data.
- Report View, to display the data in a report. Select one of the following:
- Employer Costs, to show employer cost datathat includes This Period and Year To Date totals for each employee. The employee reference and name are shown. For This Period, taxable pay, pension, PAYE, employee NI, net, employer NI, and total NI are shown. For Year To Date, gross, pension, PAYE, and employee NI are shown.
- Gross Pay, to show gross pay data for the current period only. The employee reference, name, and department are shown, as are gross pay, tax, NI, pension, student loan, loans, savings, other deductions, and net pay.
- Payroll Totals, to show payroll data that includes This Period and Year To Date totals. Taxable pay, employee pensions, PAYE, employee NI, net pay, employer NI, total NI, employee and employer rebates, employer pensions, SSP, SMP, and student loans data are shown.
You can set the report location, the folder in which the report templates are kept. You can use this as the central location for all reports.
- Export to File, to save the data in a file.
- Under Report Headings, in Report Title, you can change the default report title by typing a different title. In Header Line 1 – 3, you can change the header line text or accept the defaults.
- Under Printer Options, click Portrait for a vertical orientation for the report, or cick Landscape for a horizontal orientation.
- Click OK to generate the report. If you select a report view in step 2, the report is displayed, and the report title, date, time, and page number is shown in the footer of the report. User and Company details are also shown in the report.