Use this report to list exceptional variations, beyond what is anticipated, as reflected in the percentage and variation circumstance you specify on pages 2 and 3 of the wizard.
The wizard has three pages. On page 1, select the template to analyze.
The printed report includes the employee reference, name, gross pay and the value against which it is being compared for those circumstances where the percentage of variation is greater than that you specify on page 2 of the wizard.
Gross Pay Variations compares the current tax period with the gross pay of the previous pay period.
To produce the report:
- In Payroll Template on the Payroll Report Selection Wizard (200) window, select the template from the drop-down list, and click Next.
- On page 2, type the percentage, and click Next.
- On page 3, select the element from the list, and click Run. The Report Confirmation (72 if Gross Pay Variations is selected, or 72 for all other options) window is displayed.
- In Report Output, click one of the following:
- Grid View, to display the report data in the grid. The Report Data Preview window is displayed. You can arrange the data in the grid by moving columns, and sorting and grouping data.
- Report View, to o display the data in a report. Default Format is the only option. You can set the report location, the folder in which the report templates are kept. You can use this as the central location for all reports.
- Export to File, to save the data in a file.
- Under Report Headings, in Report Title, you can change the default report title by typing a different title. In Header Line 1 – 3, you can change the header line text or accept the defaults.
- Under Printer Options, click Portrait for a vertical orientation for the report, or cick Landscape for a horizontal orientation.
- Click OK to generate the report. If you select a report view in step 2, the report is displayed, and the report title, date, time, and page number is shown in the footer of the report. User and Company details are also shown in the report.