Upgrading the REST Web Service
Below are the steps required to upgrade the REST web service:
- Ensure the Windows application is already installed and configured on the target machine
- Stop the web service running. This can be done by running IIS, selecting the REST web service site and clicking Stop:
- Navigate to the local directory where the REST web service is installed (this will be within C:\inetpub\)
- Replace all of the files with the new versions, except for the Web.config file. This file contains site-specific settings, and needs to remain.
- Ensure that the .NET CLR version is set to v4.0 in the App Pool Advanced Settings:
- After the files have been replaced, start the web service. This can be done by navigating back to IIS, selecting the REST web service site and clicking Start:
- Browse to the web service to ensure that it is up and running following the upgrade.
- You can do so by navigating to the “version” endpoint. Format of the URL should be similar to the following example, but with the appropriate domain name/IP address, and port number (if required).
- i.e. https://my.organisation.com:50103/RESTWebService/JaneRecruitment.svc/version
- If the web service has been upgraded successfully, you should see the following output: