The gateway tab defines the information required for submissions to HMRC using the government gateway.
To set up the gateway parameters for a template:
- Click Payroll > Definitions > Module Setup > Template.
- Select the template and click Edit. The Template window is displayed. Click Gateway.
- In User ID, type the user id supplied to you by HMRC when you register to use the government gateway to transmit your P35s via the Internet.
- In Password, type the password supplied to you by HMRC when you register to use the government gateway to transmit your P35s via the Internet
- In Vendor ID, type 1328. This code identifies to HMRC that the data being transmitted has been created by the software.
- Leave IR Reference blank.
- In Tax Office and Reference, type your PAYE tax office number and reference. If these are left blank the submission processes uses the details on the References tab of the Module Definitions window.
- In Accounts, type the Employer’s Accounts Office Reference. You can find this on your P30B letter ‘Paying PAYE electronically’ or the front of your P30BC Employer Payment Booklet. It will be in the format 123PA00045678. This is not required for year end returns but will be needed for RTI.
- In Balances – Sub Contractors Tax, type the amount of subcontractors’ tax to be declared on the P35 return.
- In Balances – Remaining to Pay, type the value of any tax that has not been paid to HMRC at the time of running the P35 return.
- In Currency, type GBP.
- Use the Checklist check boxes on the right of the window to indicate which items are included in this P35 return. Select all those that apply to your organization.