The employee records for your existing employees required for your organization are set up when your system is implemented. However, from time to time, you might need to create new employee records when employees join your organization.
There are three ways to create a new employee record in the software:
- By importing the employee records into the software, by using the Authorisation Centre workbench.
- By using the Recruitment module to appoint a new employee. A new HR record can be created based on the candidate’s biographical details and an employment history record can be created based on the vacancy details.
- By creating the new employee record yourself and entering the employee data.
To create a new employee record yourself:
- Click HR Record in the menu bar.
- Click HR Record > New Employee. The HR Function Wizard window is displayed. The system either generates an employee reference for you, or you have to enter your own reference, depending on the setting of the Generate check box on the References tab in the HR Application – Features window. If Generate is selected, the system generates a reference for you, using the settings of the other Employee Reference parameters on the tab. If Generate is clear, the system asks you to specify your own employee reference. In this case, type a unique reference in the Next Employee Reference field.
- Click Finish. The system asks you to confirm you want to continue.
- Click Yes to confirm you want to create the new employee reference.
- Enter the data for the employee record, by using various functions on the HR Record menus. For example, to enter personal details for the new employee, click HR Record > Personal Details. The HR Record window is displayed, and you can enter the employee’s personal data in the fields displayed.
For information about:
- Employment history and salary history records, refer to Employment history and salary history records: overview.
- How to create and update employment history records, refer to Create and maintain employment history records.
- How to create and maintain salary grades and scales, click here.
- How to maintain salary review dates, refer to Create and maintain salary review dates.
- Where you can set and use salary review dates (to ensure that a salary is correctly calculated, using the appropriate scale values for the salary grade), refer to Salary Review Date.
- How to increase salaries for employees, click here.